Conversion of stability derivatives for a general change of body axes.
Abstract:ESDU 86041 gives equations relating quantities in one body axis system to those in another. The quantities are force, moment and velocity (linear and rotational) vectors, constants of inertia and aerodynamic lateral and longitudinal derivatives. The axes systems are related either by a rotation in the plane of two axes about a fixed origin, or by a translation of the origin in the plane of two axes.
|Data Item ESDU 86041|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References