Design for minimum weight. Struts of uniform section. I-sections.
Abstract:ESDU 66007 gives the cross-sectional dimensions for minimum weight of struts of uniform I-section and given length. Information is also presented on the geometry for minimum weight when a restriction is placed on one of the cross-sectional dimensions. The associated weight penalty is also given. Curves are provided that allow a correction for the effects of material plasticity where appropriate.
|Data Item ESDU 66007|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References