Contribution of fin to sideforce, yawing moment and rolling moment derivatives due to sideslip, (Yv)F , (Nv)F , (Lv)F , in the presence of body, wing and tailplane.
ESDU 82010 provides a method for estimating the contribution of a fin to the sideforce, yawing moment and rolling moment derivatives due to sideslip for aircraft at subsonic speeds. The data are applicable where there is a linear variation of lift coefficient with angle of attack and a linear variation of sideforce, yawing moment and rolling moment coefficients with angle of sideslip.
Discussions of the effects due to the presence of a dorsal fin and of rear-fuselage mounted jet-engine nacelles are included.
- Rolling Moment Due To Sideslip (Lv or Cl β)
- Sideforce Due To Sideslip (Yv or Cy β)
- Sideforce Due To Yawing (Yv or Cyr)
- Yawing Moment Due To Sideslip (Nv or Cnβ)
|Data Item ESDU 82010|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering