Elastic stresses in a long circular cylindrical shell with a flat head closure under uniform pressure.
Abstract:ESDU 66010 gives curves that enable the maximum stresses to be determined for a long circular cylindrical shell with a flat head closure under uniform internal or external pressure. The stresses and deflections of the head are determined using these data in conjunction with ESDU 65002.
|Data Item ESDU 66010|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References