Design for minimum weight. Struts of uniform section. Minimum weights for various sections.
Abstract:Data are provided so that a strut of least weight whose cross-section is an I, a square tube or a circular tube may be designed. The data are presented in terms of non-dimensional parameters that are functions of the minimum weight and the strut failure load.
|Data Item ESDU 66008|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References