Criteria of yielding for ductile materials under static loading.
Abstract:ESDU 73004 gives the two criteria most frequently used to predict yielding from a knowledge of uniaxial tensile tests. They are the Tresca and the Von Mises-Hencky criteria, and formulae for them for two- and three-dimensional stress systems are given. For the two-dimensional case of plane stress a graph is included of the yield boundaries predicted.
|Data Item ESDU 73004|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References