Elastic stresses in the adhesive in single step double lap bonded joints.
Abstract:ESDU 80011 provides the peak elastic shear and direct tensile stresses in the adhesive in single step, double lap bonded joints loaded in tension or compression. The data cover a wide, practical range of joint sizes and adhesive and adherend materials properties in non-dimensional form. Typically they may be applied to thin bonded joints in aircraft wing, fuselage and furnishing components.
|Data Item ESDU 80011|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References