Estimation of drag due to inoperative turbo-jet and turbo-fan engines using Data Item Nos 81009 and 84004.
Abstract:ESDU 84005 illustrates how data on windmilling drag and airflow and on spillage drag are used to predict the drag due to the inoperative engine. The data are respectively taken from ESDU 81009 and ESDU 84004, but for cases where data are available on the specific engine they may be used in preference to the generalised information in these ESDU documents.
|Data Item ESDU 84005|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References