Abstract:High speed flow over cavities can result in high levels of broadband sound and pure tones. An empirical method, based on Smith and Shaw, has been used to estimate the sound levels in one-third octave bands for flow over rectangular cavities. A MATLAB program is available for the calculation of the levels. The intense sound is a possible source of acoustic fatigue damage and the estimation of the damage is briefly considered.
|Data Item ESDU 18011|
This program is only available to subscribers.
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References