Design of parallel axis straight spur and helical gears - choice of materials and preliminary estimate of major dimensions.
Abstract:ESDU 68040 is complementary to ESDU 77002. Data are given for gears generated from the 20 degree flank rack form given in BS 436: Part I which enable an initial estimate to be made of the major gear dimensions required for a specified torque and gear ratio. General guidance only is given on the choice between metallic and non-metallic gear materials.
|Data Item ESDU 68040|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References