Buckling of flat plates in shear.
Abstract:ESDU 71005 provides the elastic buckling coefficient for flat rectangular isotropic plates loaded in shear and having various combinations of clamped and simply-supported edge conditions. Plasticity correction factors are provided. See ESDU 81047 and ESDUpac A8147 for a computer program that treats buckling under shear of rectangular plates.
|Data Item ESDU 71005|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References