Conversion formulae for rotation and translation of body axes.
Abstract:ESDU 67004 relates the vector components, stability derivatives, and inertia parameters in one set of axes to those in another. The axis systems in normal use in flight dynamics are Cartesian body axes with their xz-plane in the plane of symmetry of the aircraft. For this reason ESDU 67004 is restricted to translations of the origin in the xz-plane and rotation about the y-axis.
|Data Item ESDU 67004|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References