Computer program for prediction of aircraft lateral stability derivatives in sideslip at subsonic speeds.
Abstract:ESDU 00025 describes the construction of input files for the computer program ESDUpac A0025, which combines and extends the prediction methods of twenty five individual ESDU Data Items to evaluate the lateral stability derivatives in an aerodynamic-body axis system. The effect of under-wing pylon-mounted jet engine nacelles or wing-mounted nacelles for propeller driven aircraft is included. The deflection of up to four flap panels on each half-wing is permitted. Worked examples illustrate the use of the program.
- Rolling Moment Due To Sideslip (Lv or Cl β)
- Sideforce Due To Sideslip (Yv or Cy β)
- Wing-body Combination
- Yawing Moment Due To Sideslip (Nv or Cnβ)
|Data Item ESDU 00025|
This program is only available to subscribers.
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References