Guide to the use of the Stress and Strength Series.
Abstract:After a brief description of modes of failure, the estimation of loads is considered together with the determination of allowable stresses and safety factors. The need to idealise a real structure before the data may be used is explained, and a number of examples illustrate how this is approached indicating where particular Data Items may be applied to determine the stresses.
|Data Item ESDU SS1|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References