An introduction to aircraft noise lateral attenuation.
Abstract:ESDU 81035 gives guidance on the estimation of lateral attenuation of aircraft noise from noise measurements. Lateral attenuation is defined as the difference between the under-the-flightpath and sideline free-field levels where the propagation range of the two sound levels is the same. A knowledge of aircraft noise lateral attenuation is required for the evaluation of ground noise levels.
|Data Item ESDU 81035|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References