Buckling stress ratios for flat plates under shear and non-uniform compression.
Abstract:A design curve is presented that gives non-dimensionalised shear and compressive stress ratios. The curve applies to flat plates having four types of edge restraint namely (i) ends and sides simply-supported, (ii) ends clamped, sides simply-supported, (iii) ends simply-supported, sides clamped and (iv) ends and sides clamped.
|Data Item ESDU 70002|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References