Growth of cracks under constant amplitude fatigue loading: example calculations.
Abstract:ESDU 84001 shows how crack growth data, such as those in this Series, are used in practical situations; it provides two fully-worked examples using representative structural components to estimate the number of cycles to a specified crack length. The example shows the effect of a series of equally pitched riveted stiffeners on the progress of a crack across a sheet.
|Data Item ESDU 84001|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References