Static strength of screwed fasteners.
Abstract:ESDU 67019 presents an analysis of 1300 laboratory tests on axially loaded screwed fasteners. Data on the tensile and stripping strengths of such fasteners are presented in terms of the probability of failure. The data show how failure is strongly dependent on the number of exposed threads on the loaded side because of their influence on the stress concentration acting at the first loaded thread.
|Data Item ESDU 67019|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References