Fatigue strength of thick cylinders under internal pressure.
Abstract:ESDU 67014 presents the results of about 110 fatigue tests on steel and aluminium cylinders; endurance is related to the ratio of maximum shear stress at the bore to the material's tensile strength. Cylinders of En 25, En6, S106, DTD 364B and DTD 683 were tested with bore diameters between 9.5 mm and 50 mm and various wall thicknesses.
|Data Item ESDU 67014|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References