Fouling of heat exchanger surfaces: general principles.
Abstract:ESDU 86038 discusses the importance of various parameters that affect fouling and indicates appropriate methods for dealing with fouling in all stages from design through to operation of heat exchanger equipment. Methods of suppressing fouling by additives, or of cleaning equipment chemically or mechanically, are considered. A brief outline of the physical process of fouling including some mathematical models is given.
|Data Item ESDU 86038|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References