Flexibilities of and stresses in unrestrained pressurised thin pipe bends subjected to in-plane bending.
Abstract:ESDU 74043 gives curves, calculated by a theoretical method that assumes a pure bending moment and that initially-plane sections stay plane when under bending, for the flexibility of, and the maximum shear stress in, a pipe bend with or without internal pressure. The curves can be used for bends connected to long straight pipes (length exceeding three diameters, say).
|Data Item ESDU 74043|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References