Loaded pins in axially loaded bars. Maximum elastic stress at hole boundary.
Abstract:ESDU 66011 gives a method of determining the maximum shear stress at the boundary of a hole in an axially loaded bar with an additional axially aligned load entering via a pin in the hole. The pin may be either a push-fit or interference-fit in the hole. This is typical of the loading system that occurs in multi-pin joints.
|Data Item ESDU 66011|
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References