Buckling of flat rectangular plates (isotropic, orthotropic and laminated composite plates and sandwich panels).
Abstract:ESDU 81047 introduces a Fortran program (ESDUpac A8147) for calculating the buckling loads of flat rectangular orthotropic plates under combinations of uniform in-plane biaxial direct and shear loads. The program deals with symmetrical combinations of clamped and simply-supported edge conditions and takes account of out-of-plane shear deformations. The program deals strictly with specially-orthotropic plates. Most laminated fibre reinforced composites are arranged such that the plate conforms or approximates to the conditions of special orthotropy.
- Composite Structures
- Flat Rectangular Plates
- Flat Sandwich Panels (Cores of Negligible Flexural Stiffness)
- Flat Sandwich Panels (Corrugated Cores)
- Flat Sandwich Panels (Truss Cores)
- Flat Specially-orthotropic Rectangular Plates
|Data Item ESDU 81047|
This program is only available to subscribers.
- Aircraft Noise
- Fatigue - Endurance Data
- Fatigue - Fracture Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow
- Fluid Mechanics, Internal Flow (Aerospace)
- Heat Transfer
- Physical Data, Chemical Engineering
- Stress and Strength
- Transonic Aerodynamics
- Vibration and Acoustic Fatigue
- Wind Engineering
Aerospace Materials Data
Additional Engineering References